simplehelp.com has a short post about the 22 ways to use the Windows key. Here are 2 Windows key shortcuts that I use often.
- Windows Key + D: Minimize or restore all windows
- dragging an mp3 file to Winamp
- dragging a file to store in another folder
- Windows Key + E: Launch Windows Explorer
- Windows Key + L: Locks the workstation
usually used when there is a need to drag an item from the desktop to another window such as :
running the explorer without using the mouse to click on ‘My Computer’
used often to prevent people living in th same house to meddle with my pc, expecially my younger brother.
Thanks to simplehelp.com, I’m gonna start using
- Windows Key + R: Launch the Run dialog box
I use Run often when I want to open up the dos window (type in cmd.exe) and to modify the registry.
Common questions, simple answers.